Search Waypoint Resources
Mine those Lemons!
Sharing a few experiences illustrating how to turn potentially bad experiences into positive ones:
1. My Lexus was recalled by that gas pedal thing. Here’s what my Lexus dealer did for me:
- Proactively called me to make the appointment
- Had a brand new (800 miles!), beautiful Lexus loaner car waiting for me at drop off
- Did a full inspection while they had it (sure, they want to cross-sell — seems win-win, no?)
- The kicker: not only did they completely clean it as always, but they proactively FILLED UP MY GAS TANK FOR FREE!
Talk about lemons-to-lemonade!
2. My oh-so-lovely Schwab credit card (which I have unhappily written about) decided to change my account number, requiring me to change all my auto-pay settings. That stinks. I have VPI Pet Insurance for my dog, Fletch and I can’t remember my username and password so I call. They pick up on the first ring, take my name and address. They ask, “How’s Fletch? I just love labs and I’ll bet he’s still acting like a playful pup still at 3 years old!”, forming a nice personal connection that I can only assume is because they have my dog’s health history and know he’s well. People always love to talk about their pets: How hard was that?
Just wish I could have written something nice about Schwab… I thought they “got it.”